South West Sculptors Association
About the group . . .
South West Sculptors Association was founded in 2003 by a group of passionate Sculptors based in the South West.
We are a group of South West makers of sculpture who feel great benefit from being able to meet others who share our interests but always seem to have different skills and new information.
We always welcome new members and makers.
Our Activity. . .
- We hold joint exhibitions in the South West to showcase our groups work.
- We hold meetings to discuss working methods and ideas and to look at each others work
- We arrange group outings to foundries or quarries from time to time
- We have social meetings at members studios a few times a year to discuss group activity
- We arrange CPD workshops for members in Social Media and Marketing Skills
Our aims . . .
- To provide a forum for discussion
- Sharing of ideas and resources
- Peer review of our work
- To run group exhibitions and events
- To further advance the appreciation of sculpture
- To provide peer support for emerging and professional sculptors alike
Derek was recently commissioned to provide a sculpture of a golden
eagle in bronze to be sited at Torbay Hospital. It is now placed at the entrance to the Sinclair Unit in memory of its namesake founder, Dr
David Sinclair following his early and untimely death. The eagle, which measures 43h x 71w x 50d cm, was originally
sculpted in clay. Pangolin Editions, one of Europe’s most renowned
fine art foundries, created the mould, bronze cast and patination.
A second edition owned by Dr Sinclair’s wife will be on display
during the SWSA group exhibition in Exeter cathedral from June to
Join us . . .
Please sign up to our free newsletter and mailing list for exhibition invites and more.
If you are based in the South West and interested in becoming a member please speak with us.