Southwest Sculptors Association
About the group . . .
Southwest Sculptors Association was founded in 2003 by a group of passionate Sculptors based in the South West.
We are a group of sculptors who feel great benefit from being able to network with others who share our interests, exhibit together and share different skills and new information.
We always welcome new members and makers.
Our Activity. . .
- We hold joint exhibitions in the South West to showcase our groups work.
- We hold meetings to discuss working methods and ideas and to look at each others work
- We arrange group outings to foundries or quarries from time to time
- We have social meetings at members studios a few times a year to discuss group activity
- We arrange CPD workshops for members in Social Media and Marketing Skills
Our aims . . .
- To provide a forum for discussion
- Sharing of ideas and resources
- Peer review of our work
- To run group exhibitions and events
- To further advance the appreciation of sculpture
- To provide peer support for emerging and professional sculptors alike
- The promote sculpture appreciation and education throughout the Southwest
I work in British stone creating work primarily for the outdoor environment – garden sculpture, lettering and garden bowls.
My longstanding loves of geology, calligraphy and ornamentation all have a strong influence on my work.
In my studio overlooking Dartmoor I am currently working on two large pieces of public sculpture for a Peace Garden in Exeter that will open in the early summer, I also designed the garden for this project.
I have recently returned from a long trip to India with a wealth of ideas and inspiration, I am sure this will evolve into future work.
Join us . . .
Please sign up for our free newsletter and mailing list for exhibition invites and more.
If you are based in the South West and interested in becoming a member please speak with us.