Southwest Sculptors Association
About the group . . .
Southwest Sculptors Association was founded in 2003 by a group of passionate Sculptors based in the South West.
We are a group of sculptors who feel great benefit from being able to network with others who share our interests, exhibit together and share different skills and new information.
We always welcome new members and makers.
Our Activity. . .
- We hold joint exhibitions in the South West to showcase our groups work.
- We hold meetings to discuss working methods and ideas and to look at each others work
- We arrange group outings to foundries or quarries from time to time
- We have social meetings at members studios a few times a year to discuss group activity
- We arrange CPD workshops for members in Social Media and Marketing Skills
Our aims . . .
- To provide a forum for discussion
- Sharing of ideas and resources
- Peer review of our work
- To run group exhibitions and events
- To further advance the appreciation of sculpture
- To provide peer support for emerging and professional sculptors alike
- The promote sculpture appreciation and education throughout the Southwest
After studying fine art at Guildford School of Art in the late 1950s, my practice developed somewhat haphazardly into a wide-ranging mixture of ceramic, mosaic, sculpture, digital photography, community/educational projects and public art commissions.
Often concerned with social and environmental issues, much of my work includes reclaimed and found objects – slightly redeeming the ecological footprint by rendering toxic ceramic materials inert and keeping plastic waste out of the landfill.
Join us . . .
Please sign up for our free newsletter and mailing list for exhibition invites and more.
If you are based in the South West and interested in becoming a member please speak with us.