South West Sculptors Association
About the group . . .
South West Sculptors Association was founded in 2003 by a group of passionate Sculptors based in the South West.
We are a group of South West makers of sculpture who feel great benefit from being able to meet others who share our interests but always seem to have different skills and new information.
We always welcome new members and makers.
Our Activity. . .
- We hold joint exhibitions in the South West to showcase our groups work.
- We hold meetings to discuss working methods and ideas and to look at each others work
- We arrange group outings to foundries or quarries from time to time
- We have social meetings at members studios a few times a year to discuss group activity
- We arrange CPD workshops for members in Social Media and Marketing Skills
Our aims . . .
- To provide a forum for discussion
- Sharing of ideas and resources
- Peer review of our work
- To run group exhibitions and events
- To further advance the appreciation of sculpture
- To provide peer support for emerging and professional sculptors alike
I have been fascinated by the subject of life cycles and I am currently developing my ideas for my latest body of work.
I am exploring birth, growth and death in a series of stone sculptures, using symbolism and stylised human forms. Water, Earth, Nature, and the human Story are my influences : that of entering the world, growing and developing our selves and then ebbing into the earth: a spiritual inquiry about the essence of who we are.
The body of work will be exhibited in the South West Sculpture Association show in Exeter Cathedral in June 2020.
Join us . . .
Please sign up to our free newsletter and mailing list for exhibition invites and more.
If you are based in the South West and interested in becoming a member please speak with us.